Possibly the most delicious chocolate chip cookies ever!
You could say adding extra chocolate to chocolate chip biscuits is unnecessary, but were you to say that, I wouldn’t understand you!
These are easy to make, & haven’t yet gone wrong on me.
Just remember to leave lots of room on the baking sheet around each lump of cookie dough as they do spread out a lot.
We use only dark chocolate as we love it, but you could use the chocolate you love.
See below for recipe
Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 265g brown or white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 155g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- **110g milk chocolate chunks
- **110g dark chocolate chunk
** Re chocolate we use only dark chocolate, but if you are not such a fan of dark, then use a mix of milk and dark.
- Whisk together the sugar, salt, and butter in a large bowl until no lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula (don’t overmix)
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, then chill the dough for about 30 minutes. This helps the flavours to steep. You can leave for longer than 30mins, even over night if need be.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough on to the baking sheet, leaving about 10cm of space between biscuits and 5cm of space from the edges so that the cookies can spread evenly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges have started to barely brown.
- Let them cool a bit as they will be very soft & melty when first out of the oven.
#chocolatechipcookie #cookie #chocolatechip #lovechocolate #chocolatechipbiscuit #foodphotographerhampshire #productphotographerhampshire